Shotgun Pro Fitting Instructions
The Shotgun Pro child seat is designed for kids 2 – 5 years old (up to 60lb / 27kg), and fits mountain bikes with standard 1 ⅛ inch steerers. For more help with regard to fitting and compatibility, please read the below, or visit your local stockist.
Will the Shotgun Pro fit my steerer?
- The Shotgun Pro child seat fits modern mountain bikes with a standard 1 1/8 inch steerer, including electric mountain bikes. Before purchasing, check your local laws regarding the use of child seats and e-bikes.
- Fitting requires 10mm of clearance under the stem. Bikes with stems shorter than 50mm in length may require additional clearance under the stem, the minimum clearance required is indicated in the diagram below.
- The Shotgun Pro includes two spacers, for use on two bikes. Installing the Shotgun Pro spacer replaces 10mm of standard steerer spacers on your bike.
- Please note that adaptors for use with Trek Knock Block and Scott Syncros headsets are sold separately. The Shotgun Pro is not compatible with other proprietary headsets, or bikes that have a quill stem.
I don’t have 10mm of clearance under my stem, will the Shotgun Pro fit?
If you have surplus spacers on top of your stem, you may be able to reposition them in order to lift the height of your stem. This may provide the space required under the stem for fitting the Shotgun Pro.
I don’t have 46mm of clearance out from my stem, will the Shotgun Pro fit?
If you have 10mm of clearance directly under your stem, but don’t have the 46mm of clearance required for the front clamp of the Shotgun Pro, it may be possible to replace your current stem with a stem that is longer, has more rise, or both.
Will the Shotgun Pro fit my seatpost?
The Shotgun Pro seat is suitable for dropper posts and all common seat post sizes, including 27.2mm, 30.9mm, 31.6mm and 34.9mm. Fitting requires 14mm of available seat post space.
Included with every Shotgun Pro seat are seatpost inserts for all common seat post sizes, including 27.2mm, 30.9mm, 31.6mm and 34.9mm.
- For 30.9mm, 31.6mm and 34.9mm seatpost diameters, there are no additional adaptors required. The product is ready to use out of the box.
- For 27.2mm seatpost diameters, use the rear clamp ring provided.
I don’t have 14mm of clearance under my seatpost, will the Shotgun Pro fit?
- You may be able to lift the height of your seatpost, in order to provide the space required for fitting the Shotgun Pro child seat.
For more help with regard to fitting and compatibility, please read the below, or visit your local stockist.